ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Real code vs. Code in the movies

<< < (2/7) > >>

app103:
the real difference is that in the movies the coders are rarely cursing out the computer in fits of pure rage.  :huh:
-mouser (December 07, 2006, 05:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

or crying from frustration. :huh:

jgpaiva:
1. Code does not move <- but it'd be cool if it danced with me when i got it right ;)

2. Code is not green text on a black background <- green? BAH! i hate green

3. Code has structure <- hum... you should see some of my friends' code :P

4. Code is not three dimensional <- it might be easier to handle if it was visual, though

9. People who write code use mice <- i do use the mouse, but only when i'm not coding :P

10. Most code is not inherently cross platform <- unfortunatelly :'( :'(

mwb1100:
I love how on CSI (I know there's lots of stuff to rant about on this show) every single database on whole entire the planet is connected into one easly queried app!-thefritz_j (December 07, 2006, 05:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

My favorite fictional computer power is the ability they have in movies & TV to take the fuzziest, ultra telephoto image that looks like a blob and have the computer transform the image into something clear as day.  Usually just by uttering the word 'enhance'.

mouser:
My favorite fictional computer power is the ability they have in movies & TV to take the fuzziest, ultra telephoto image that looks like a blob and have the computer transform the image into something clear as day.  Usually just by uttering the word 'enhance'.
--- End quote ---

hahahaha, so true.

nudone:
sorry, i don't know about code things but i did start to watch CSI: Miami for the first time in my life about 3 days ago. got to the 5th episode and just ejected the dvd out of the player.

i don't quite see what all the fuss is about with this show. their ridiculous use of imaginary technology was definitely something that put me off. from all the hype i was expecting to see a show that remained realistic but it's beyond fantasy.

anyway, if you're talking about fictional computer power in the movies - don't forget 'lawnmower man'. it must rate as the top most ludicrous representation of what computers do. i felt embarrassed to see all that virtual world crap - but then it does still look better than 'second life'.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version