topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 10:40 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: IDEA: collect files in a virtual folder  (Read 46611 times)

SleepingWolf

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: IDEA: collect files in a virtual folder
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2011, 05:48 AM »
It looks like recursion is stopping short on my system. It does not dig enough. Is it possible to increase folder recursion number?

Also is it possible to create shortcuts based on parent folder`s name rather than from exe?
:) Just updated ShortCutter v1.1.

Changes:
- 20061209 - v1.1: Marks the shortcuts with modification date instead of creation date, removes shortcuts to missing files, updates modification date of all shortcuts.

Skrommel

Nice program (Shortcutter 1.1) but it doesn't seem to 'shortcut' files in the actual source folder itself, only in sub-folders (Ie. recursion seems to work except in the 'top-level' or 'specified' directory). Having said that I've not rigorously checked the lower folders. I'm using XP Home Ed.

Edit: I thought switching Recurse off should do the trick but it seems to still create shortcuts as if it was switched on. Strange. The Shortcutter.ini file has the line recurse=No as expected. Even quitting SC and restarting it does not change its apparent behavior.

A way of creating shortcuts to folders within -and including -the source folder is an obvious extension -you could allow *.folder as a mechanism for the user. I can't offhand think of another way to do this except maybe with a windows search. Which didn't work at all for me! Maybe in other versions of Windows it works better (oh for the grace of Windows 98).
-------------------------------------------

Question everything, use a fact-checker.
Respect yourself and respect others.
Peace out!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 06:07 AM by SleepingWolf, Reason: Subsequent tests. »