ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

TOP 11 Tools for Sending BIG Files

(1/4) > >>

patteo:
Thought this would come in useful for Donationcoders

Note: for those good at Arithmetic, you will notice there's only 9 sites. But it says 11. I guess it's new maths
Also, I had to manually align the columns (but it still comes out somewhat unaligned) and the clickable links are somehow not copied over.

Can anyone tell me how one can copy the article intact from http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/easiest-ways-to-send-your-files/

By the way, I used Firefox 2 and CopyURL+

‘TOP 11 Tools for Sending BIG Files’ released » MakeUseOf.com
"You, me and I bet every webbie once in while needs to send over a file that’s bigger then max. allowed email attachment (e.g. video clip, movie, software program, etc). So 2 days ago I decided to make a list of somewhat better websites and tools for sending big files. After some extensive searching I got more then 100 sites, obviously this was too much so I filtered them further by canceling out ones which aren’t free, simple to use and with max.file size mark below 500 mb. And below is what I got afterwards;
                      max. size    days before file deleted    Sign-up Required
YouSendIt       1 gb               7                                           No
Gigasize         1.5 gb             90 days                                  Yes
TransferBigFiles   1 gb            5 days                                          No
MegaShares    1.5 gb                  7 days                                        No
BigUpload.       500 mb    30 days after last download                  No
MailBigFile         500 mb              7                                             No
FileUpload        500 mb          7                                            No
Zupload             500 mb    30 days after last download                   No
Spread-it.          500 mb           14 days                                          No
If you send/receive big files frequently and do so among friends then instead of using above ones I recommend to install one of the following programs, either of which is free and user friendly in its own way."
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/easiest-ways-to-send-your-files/

lanux128:
well, you can make a screenshot then post the image & link it back to the website... :)

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/easiest-ways-to-send-your-files/

app103:
There are some inaccuracies in that chart:

Yousendit only allows 100mb files unless you have an account. And if someone with an account sends you a file over 100mb you will need an account to download it.

Gigasize will allow 300mb files for 45 days without an account. And a free account allows 1.5 gig files for 90 days, and a paid account allows 2.5 gig files with permanent storage, for as long as you have a paid account.

Megashares allows a single session of 10 gigs, which can be a single 10 gig file or a bunch of files totaling no more than 10 gigs.

MailBigFile has a 512mb file size limit.

Additionally...

Rapidshare is no longer a free option. They are switching to only paid accounts being able to upload.

MooLoad allows 500mb files for as long as you choose.

lanux128:
aah, what difference a week makes.. :)

lihlii:
All are not as good as pando.com :)  Recently I like this tool very much.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version