ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Internet Explorer 7 or "Is MS determined to make everyone hate them by 2010?"

<< < (2/3) > >>

dk70:
At least you can find out what bugs are acknowledged, being worked on, fixed. IE7 also have a buglist somewhere. Here is fixed list for Firefox 2.0.0.1 http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=494984

Try Maxthon 2.0 or http://www.enhanceie.com/ie/troubleshoot.asp

zridling:
[mouser]: No one write programs that are more incompatible with and prone to break and abuse Microsoft Windows standards than Microsoft itself. It's one of the great mysteries of the universe that they can't seem to write well behaved programs on their own platform.
This whole issue started for me back in 2002 with the introduction of Office 2003. And lately, I've been on a formats kick and noticed that Microsoft wrote their old date bug (1900/1904, leap year issue) into their OXML specs rather than fixing it in the spec and having Excel 2007 adjust the date properly! IT'S JUST SO DAMN AGGRAVATING, and you wonder how many brains it takes to justify all the ongoing problems some of their software suffers from. I like their new Expression Web product, but guess what, it starts slower than OpenOffice and makes you wonder what the heck they built in the thing to make it choke like that.

pfflyer is right in that IE7 mimicks a lot of Opera's behavior. I like Opera a lot because it's ultra-customizable, but its tab behavior — which is just like IE7's — is batty. I don't like chasing the extensions on Firefox, so I stick with Maxthon 1.5.9 until Maxthon 2.0 can get their tabs right.

Darwin:
Yup, I'm a Maxthon lover too. I'm at 1.59 as well - I've run the betas for Maxthon 2 in the past but am not doing so at the moment.

tomos:
I like Opera a lot because it's ultra-customizable, but its tab behavior — which is just like IE7's — is batty.
-zridling (December 15, 2006, 12:21 AM)
--- End quote ---
how do you mean, Zaine ?

nudone:
huh, maxthon 1.59, i'm still using 1.58 - i just can't keep up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version