ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Best Dialog Extender

Enhanced File Dialog

<< < (4/7) > >>

jzippo:
Yes, FlashFolder is perfect for my needs. I love how it is able to make the dialog browse to a folder that is open on my desktop.

tomos:
If you want an enlarged dialog box and favorite folders then you can do both using Powerpro. This is mine:
-edbro (October 07, 2007, 01:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

edbro,

I knew you can have favourite folders because I have a version of them, but how do you use PowerPro to enlarge dialog boxes?

TIA...-rjbull (October 07, 2007, 05:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

Configure > GUI control / Enlarge file open/save dialogs

I'm actually using Filebox Extender to do the same thing...

But is there a way of changing whats on the list on the left of open/save box ?????
or
to paraphrase
what/how favourite folders?  :)

rjbull:
If you want an enlarged dialog box and favorite folders then you can do both using Powerpro. This is mine:
-edbro (October 07, 2007, 01:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

edbro,

I knew you can have favourite folders because I have a version of them, but how do you use PowerPro to enlarge dialog boxes?

TIA...-rjbull (October 07, 2007, 05:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

Configure > GUI control / Enlarge file open/save dialogs

-tomos (October 08, 2007, 02:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks, tomos, I should have looked...   :-[

tomos:
I knew you can have favourite folders because I have a version of them...-rjbull (October 07, 2007, 05:17 PM)
--- End quote ---
so...
what's with the favourite folders then  :tellme: :P :D

But is there a way of changing whats on the list on the left of open/save box ?????
or
to paraphrase
what/how favourite folders?  :)-tomos (October 08, 2007, 02:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

are they from win explorer?

EDIT: "I knew you can have favourite folders because I have a version of them" or
did you just mean you have the standard version..(i.e My Comp, My Docs, etc)

rjbull:
I knew you can have favourite folders because I have a version of them...-rjbull (October 07, 2007, 05:17 PM)
--- End quote ---
so...
what's with the favourite folders then  :tellme: :P :D

or
to paraphrase
what/how favourite folders?  :)-tomos (October 08, 2007, 02:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

are they from win explorer?

EDIT: "I knew you can have favourite folders because I have a version of them" or
did you just mean you have the standard version..(i.e My Comp, My Docs, etc)
-tomos (October 08, 2007, 05:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

PowerPro has lots of ways of adding and tracking favourite folders; it's an infinitely configurable program.  I've only got a simple version because I don't understand the complex ones.  Quoting from Powerpro's Help:

Favorite folders lists for
file open/save dialogs

PowerPro can help you maintain and use lists of favorite folders for standard open/save dialogs. You can manually maintain a list of favorite folders; you can have PowerPro capture folders as you use them in open/save dialogs; and you can combine these two approaches to have an integrated list of both manually set favorite folders and recently used folders.
You can display favorite folders in a menu or a bar (or both); see bottom of this help topic for more on bars.
MS Office does not use standard open/save dialogs. PowerPro can recognize these dialogs and send favorite folders to them for your favorite list, but it cannot capture the folder used from these dialogs.

--- End quote ---

In my case, when an Opoen files dialog box appears, PowerPro automatically pops up a short list of very frequently used folders.  Pressing a hotkey gives me a second, larger list of less frequently accessed folders.

Does that explain anything...  or were you just having a silly five minutes?  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version