ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Best Dialog Extender

Enhanced File Dialog

<< < (5/7) > >>

edbro:
As I mentioned above, I use Powerpro to manage my favorite folders. But, if anybody is looking for a very simple method there is another route to take.

Create a folder and then place shortcuts to all your favorite locations in that folder. Now you can use TweakUI to place that folder in your Common Dialogs. Now you can have an unlimited number of favorite locations that are only 2 mouse clicks away. If you refer back to my screenshot above, that is what the "shortcuts" folder is on my common dialogs. So, you can see, I use both methods.

tomos:
PowerPro has lots of ways of adding and tracking favourite folders; it's an infinitely configurable program.  I've only got a simple version because I don't understand the complex ones.  Quoting from Powerpro's Help:
In my case, when an Opoen files dialog box appears, PowerPro automatically pops up a short list of very frequently used folders.  Pressing a hotkey gives me a second, larger list of less frequently accessed folders.

Does that explain anything...  or were you just having a silly five minutes?  ;)-rjbull (October 08, 2007, 10:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

both - yes will go definitely check that out - it could be such a timesaver...

Darwin:
Update: I've switched to File-Ex for now as XFilesDialog was conflicting with Webroot's Window Washer and refused to ignore it... Yes, I know, I don't really *need* Window Washer but there it is...

Grorgy:
I like the look of fille-ex, probably because I understand it from the screenshots  :-[  (and I can never get the stardock one to work no matter what i do, i'm beginning to think its not compatible with window blinds, must give fileex  a try  :)

Darwin:
That's bizarre, George. I am "stardock free" now, but had WindowBlinds and Enhanced File Dialog running together without conflict. The only thing that I can think of suggesting you try is installing EFD, setting it up and then rebooting. Nowhere does it tell you to do this, but I've always found it necessary to get EFD to work! If you can use EFD it's worth it!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version