ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Best Freeware FTP client?

<< < (6/6)

lanux128:
AlFTP looks pretty good.  I don't have much hands on experience with it, yet--but it seems like a solid option.  If only that over-sized toolbar could be hidden (my complaint with all altools, really)-allen (August 15, 2007, 05:26 AM)
--- End quote ---
drop a line to Renegade, see if he can do something about that.. :)

Carol Haynes:
I used to use AlFTP too when it was first released. Nice app but at the time I had a few problems (they are probably fixed now).

Before that I used the paid verision of Ipswitch WinFTP which is very good but I got fed up with the expensive updates (AKA bug fixes).

Now I used Directory Opus to save having another tool handy.

Actually I like the idea of WinSCP if it has puTTY incorporated - I might give it a looksee.

lanux128:
Now I used Directory Opus to save having another tool handy.-Carol Haynes (August 19, 2007, 10:18 AM)
--- End quote ---
same here.. your mention of DOpus reminded me that i too frequently use Altap Salamander's built-in ftp client rather than launching a separate app.. :)

Carol Haynes:
You can also use WinSCP as a plugin for Salamander. Having tried WinSCP I really like it - plus I love that you can launch a puTTY session with a single click and not have to re-enter passwords etc.

masu:
In earlier times I prefer SmartFTP. But since you need to update SmartFTP every now and then, otherwise you can't start it anymore, I switch over to Filezilla, which is also really good !!  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version