topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 11:27 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: TransOther requests + possible bug/conflict check ..  (Read 5681 times)

mojomuse

• Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
TransOther requests + possible bug/conflict check ..
« on: November 05, 2006, 09:40 PM »
hi,

main request : just wondered if you could add a delay option to this app, to prevent unwanted "switching" between transparencies when focus is only brief, e.g. right click menus etc ..?

secondary request: is it possible to somehow enable transparency of the right click menus themselves (another app called shelllenhancer seems to do this aok) ..?

also, small comment : any idea why the systray picks up the extension in the tooltip name ..?

as for the possible bug/conflict, seem to be find the active window suddenly break up (in part or the majority), allowing the desktop wallpaper to show through.  at the same time (presume related), i get a strip of black wallpaper to the left, behind where my desktop icons are.  does this sound likely to do with this app or some conflict with another ..?

[ edit ] just noticed, when i exit the app, any transparency native to other apps seems to be reset (i.e. switched off) ..?

finally, could you let me know the main reason/difference between the existence of TransOther, Ghoster and WinWarden (especially the first two, which seem very similar) ..?

cheers ..
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 09:57 PM by mojomuse »

skrommel

• Fastest code in the west
  • Developer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • 1 Hour Software by skrommel
    • Donate to Member
Re: TransOther requests + possible bug/conflict check ..
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 01:07 PM »
 :) TransOther is just something I made to see if it would work, but on my own PC it's kind of slow, and I don't use it. I have no plans of expanding it further, but getting hold of the menus could be interesting.

I haven't had any of the symptoms you describe, but if you run another tansparency app, anything could happen, I guess.

The traytip .exe is removed in the next version.

It also didn't check any transparency on startup, so when it exist, all transparency is removed.

Ghoster is a bit more elaborate than TransOther, but without any transparency. WinWarden can set the transparency (and a lot more) to any window.

Skrommel