ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

Compressing files into multiple .zip archives with each .zip being independent

<< < (23/24) > >>

skwire:
Is there any chance you could create an option to use .7z format (7zip) to Spinzip?  If you don't want to pollute spinzip then maybe fork over another app called "Spin7zip"?  Pretty pretty please?!
  I have found for almost all applications .7z is far superior in compression to regular zip and it would be so darn useful and appreciated.-stisev (January 10, 2016, 07:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

I agree with you about 7zip's performance.  However, please see my comment on this post:

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=6321.msg134581#msg134581

IainB:
Hi,
I just started to use this (wonderful) tool but I do have a specific requirement :) : when you compress files from a sub-directory structure like:
c:\users\test\zipfiles\1
the created zip also contains the above sub-directory structure.
I would like to have an option that enables me to create a zip file that strips all path info, leaving all the files in the "top-level".
Possible?
Thanks,
Anthony
-anthonyaykut (January 08, 2013, 08:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not sure whether this will be what you want, but:
STEP 1: If you use xplorer² (or a similarly flexible file management tool) it can give you a "flat file" view of all files in a set of nested directories.
STEP 2: You can then remove from that view any files you are not interested in. That leaves you with just the ones you are interested in.
STEP 3: You can then select them all and save them en bloc to a .ZIP archive sans folders/paths.

Alternative to STEP 2 and STEP 3: Select just those files you are interested in and save them en bloc to a .ZIP archive sans folders/paths.

dcsev:
I agree with you about 7zip's performance.  However, please see my comment on this post:

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=6321.msg134581#msg134581

--- End quote ---

No worries. If it was an easy add, I would've said go for it, but if it requires an entirely new build I would say focus your energies elsewhere.

Bandizip actually works pretty well and supports multiple formats. Too bad they don't support creation of RAR files.

Deozaan:
Bandizip actually works pretty well and supports multiple formats. Too bad they don't support creation of RAR files.
-stisev (January 10, 2016, 11:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

Why would you want RAR? 7zip has superior compression and it's not proprietary.

THenrich:
in Spinzip I specify the source folder name for zipping the files. When I open each generated zip, the folder path tree is in there. Is there a way to have the files off the root of the zip only?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version