ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Wanted Photo Slideshow on DVD (1000s of photos)

<< < (2/2)

thefritz_j:
Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I'm gonna try the "trail" of ProShow Gold.  Maybe this will be Xmas!

Also, lanux128, when it says "Create a new silde show" for shows with more than 99 photos, do you think it means that only one DVD can have 99 photos or folders?

Carol Haynes:
I think DVDs have a limit of 99 folders with 99 entries per folder

thefritz_j:
Do you think the limit is 99 folders in the root or 99 folders limit including nested folders?  Let's say it branched out, like in my case, in years like this:

\____Jan
   \____Feb
   \____etc.
   \____Jan
   \____Feb
   \____etc.

So this would be 8 folders, but only 2 in the root and 12 in each year folder.  (okay I know maybe I'm a bit over-organized!  ;), obsesive compulsive organizer perhaps?). 

I guess I'm wondering if it's 99 total folders or could I have 99 folders each with sub 99 folders? 9801 folders?

Thanks for bearing with my weird questions.

Carol Haynes:
Sorry I can't find any reference when  I tried to check this so I think I may be a bit confused.

Are you producing DVD-Video 'slide' shows - ie. the output is a video track or chapter? I seem to recall that DVD-Video can only support 99 tracks each with 99 chapters - but that may be a restriction imposed by some DVD player manufacturers.

Whatever I can't see anything wrong with a track structure of years and a chapter structure of months.

Note there is an ISO restriction of maximum video file size of 2Gb (which is why DVDs have VOB files broken into chunks).

mse-ron:
Roxio MyDVD 8 does not have that limitation.

Include up to 999 photos in each slideshow DVD menu
--- End quote ---

Now that said, it's not quite the same as a browseable disk, but will auto play them.

http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/mydvd/premier/features.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version