ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

I want a Freeware Utility to ... 300+ common problems solved.

<< < (3/3)

mouser:
i don't know, i like it - and it's not just because there are 3 DonationCoder.com apps on the list  :D

i know first hand from our reviews how darn hard it is to identify a single best utility.  and i think the way they are presented, like "i need a program to do x..." can be extremely helpfull - not only can you find what you are looking for but you learn about new ideas for doing things you hadn't thought about..

Veign:
Don't get me wrong.  I do like the format of the list, I just don't like how many options there are for some of the questions.

If the list was one application per question type then I think it would be much, much more useful.

Darwin:
Hmmm.... I sort of agree with Chris on this one. I love the idea of the list, but don't use it much because one is spoiled for choice! As Chris notes, the list is useful for identifying a class of freeware apps (and linking to them) but falls down a bit because there are categories with more than 10 choices and nothing to distinguish between them (feature comparisons and so on). It's not that I don't like/appreciate the list, I just find it hard to use.

lanux128:
i think this kind of list will come in handy if you're in a hurry & need to identify a tool to do a particular task..
because most probably there's only one tool available. in any case, the list does contain alternatives for selected categories..

also, check out its sister site: Open Source Freeware : 400+ free applications and utilities.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version