ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Universal Extractor

<< < (4/6) > >>

AbteriX:
btw, what is the "/sub" for?
-lanux128 (May 14, 2010, 04:22 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks for the question lanux, i have modified my post above ↑↑↑

"/sub" is an UniExtractor command line parameter to extract the archive automatically
to an sub-folder named as the base name of the archive.
--- End quote ---

lanux128:
Thanks for the question lanux, i have modified my post above ↑↑↑

"/sub" is an UniExtractor command line parameter to extract the archive automatically
to an sub-folder named as the base name of the archive.
--- End quote ---
-AbteriX (May 14, 2010, 05:39 AM)
--- End quote ---
thanks again, Stefan. it didn't occur to me to run UniExtract.exe with a /? parameter.. :)

daddydave:
It integrates into Windows Explorer very nicely out of the box. In fact, that's usually the only way I run it. I guess I should feel lucky I use the built in file manager  8). Or perhaps that I have simple needs.

Off topic, but do you recognize the background picture? (Personally I think the car entered the the building from the outside. Can you say, government coverup?  ;) )

daddydave:
It really is quite difficult for me to install this Universal Extractor, because Outpost Security Suite will at once quarantine several parts of it, as being malware.
-Curt (May 14, 2010, 03:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

False positives are to be expected to some extent in any antivirus, but if it is flat out quarantining it, that seems crazy. It would bad enough if it were merely one of those so called antivirus programs that mindlessly flagged it as suspicious because of UPX compression.

AbteriX:
It really is quite difficult for me to install this Universal Extractor, because Outpost Security Suite will at once quarantine several parts of it, as being malware.
-Curt (May 14, 2010, 03:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

False positives are to be expected to some extent in any antivirus, but if it is flat out quarantining it, that seems crazy. It would bad enough if it were merely one of those so called antivirus programs that mindlessly flagged it as suspicious because of UPX compression.
-daddydave (May 14, 2010, 06:58 AM)
--- End quote ---
Hi Curt,

you may try the de-compress the UniExtract.exe by using UPX commandline option -d
UPX -d  C:\Programs\UniExtractor\UniExtractor.exe

Universal Extractor

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version