ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Universal Extractor

(1/6) > >>

lanux128:
this tool claims to "extract files from any type of archive, whether it's a simple zip file, an installation program, or even a Windows Installer (.msi) package." i think, it will come in handy if anyone wants to just extract files from the installers

btw, happens to be written in AutoIt and acts a front-end for a lot of other cmd-line programs. more info at the website and its forum:

Universal Extractor
Main Window

Universal Extractor context menu

Renegade:
It's a good program. I use it to open installers on a regular basis. Works like a charm.

It's a bit awkward for regular daily use as there are friendlier alternatives, but for power users and developers, it's a must have.

And were those screen shots taken with Screen Captor by any chance? It's a pretty good program from what I've seen. :D (Thanks mouser!)

Lashiec:
Nice to see that someone noticed the existence of this excellent tool. Now, if only it would work under Windows98...

lanux128:
as far as i can gather from UniExtract's documents, i think support for Win9x is on the author's to do list..

windows 9x compatability issues - comment 285-uniextract_todo.txt
--- End quote ---

Renegade:
as far as i can gather from UniExtract's documents, i think support for Win9x is on the author's to do list..
-lanux128 (November 23, 2006, 07:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

:two: Nah... He can't possibly be THAT bored!  ;) 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version