ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Character count bubble keeps popping up after upgrading Firefox, IE, ....

<< < (2/3) > >>

mouser:
chaltain , I've posted a beta here: download chs beta 1.12.01

Can you try that and see if the problem persists.

If it does, try going into options and changing the display method to "Alert Box":

And then let me know how it behaves.  That will at least tell me if the problem is somehow with the hotkey detection or with balloon tips in general.

chaltain:
OK, I'm giving the beta a try, and I'll let you know what I find out.

BTW, I did try changing the display option from a bubble to a dialog box, before you sent me the beta and the dialog box would poppup a few seconds after I cleared it by clicking on the OK button.

chaltain:
Unfortunately the problem still persists with this most recent beta.

mouser:
so just to confirm -
you are saying that even when you change the display type to "Alert Box", that you see alert boxes showing character count that keep popping up ever few seconds, and that this happens even when the character count hotkey set in hotkey page is blank or set to different values?

one other question:
when this bug isnt taking effect, do you see the character count also whenever you copy some text to the clipboard? or only when you use the count characters hotkey?

chaltain:
When I set the display to "alert box", I'll get the dialog box popping up telling me the current character count in the clipboard.  If I click on the OK button, it'll pop back up in a few seconds.  If I don't click on the OK button, it'll just sit there.  Also, this happens even when I have the hot key field for character count cleared.

Before I upgraded JFW, AIM, Firefox and IE, I would only see the character count bubble when I used the hot key for the character count.  I wouldn't see it when I copied text to the clipboard.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version