ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Character count bubble keeps popping up after upgrading Firefox, IE, ....

(1/3) > >>

chaltain:
I've been using Clipboard Help+Spell for a little while, and I've been very impressed.  Recently though, I upgraded Firefox from 1.5 to 2.0, Internet Explorer from 6.0 to 7.0, AIM from 5.9 to 6.0 and JAWS for Windows from 7.1 to 8.0 and now the character count bubble keeps popping up every few seconds.  I reinstalled the latest version of CHS, but no luck.  I've looked around to see if Firefox or IE changed anything with respect to clipboard access or hot keys, but I haven't stumbled across anything yet.  Any ideas on what might be going on or where to look?

mouser:
check your hotkeys in chs options to see if you have a common hotkey set to count characters.
try clearing it so no hotkey is set at all for count characters.

chaltain:
I cleared the hot keys for character count, and I'm still having the same problem.

It only seems to happen when I have Firefox up or I'm viewing a message in Thunderbird, although I suspect I'd still see it running IE.  It also only happens when I run JFW 8.0.  If I go back to JFW 7.1, the problem doesn't occur, even leaving Firefox, IE and AIM at their current levels.

I've opened up a problem report with Freedom Scientific, the company that sells JFW.  JFW stands for JAWS for Windows and JAWS stands for Job Access With Speech.  I'm blind, and JAWS is a screen reading program that allows me to access the text on the screen using a speech synthesizer.

Any other ideas?  I've been searching for Clipboard Help+Speech for years, and I'd hate to have to give it up!

mouser:
it has to be something REALLY simple for me to fix.  I'll try to fix or find it today..

Thank you for the nice words about Clipboard Help+Spell.  Keep in mind however that there are a lot of clipboard tools and youd be able to find another one you liked as well if you HAD to change (though as i said i surely can fix this issue quickly).

chaltain:
Thanks, that would be great!

I know there are a lot of clipboard utilities out there, but I've literally spent years looking for a clipboard utility in Windows that was as easy to use as what I was used to with Emacs under Linux.  I'm sure I've tried close to a dozen utilities, freeware and shareware.  Being blind, the utility also has to be accessible, which limits the field a bit.  CHS literally does everything I want as easily as I want to do it!  Plus some of the more advanced features seem like they're worth looking into as well.

Good job, and if you find something to fix this problem, I would be so appreciative!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version