ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Agnitum Outpost 4 .... dumped

<< < (4/4)

Carol Haynes:
Symantec NIS used to have that - don't know if still does. You register the info you want to protect in the application and then whenever that is sent over a network connection you have to confirm it is genuine.

What I think is needed is a tiny standalone product that would work with any security app installed.

mhb:
(it could be written as an agnitum outpost firewall addon by the way-mouser (December 03, 2006, 07:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

Actually, the new version of Outpost has this feature. You can define specific data strings which are not allowed to leave your system as you can see in the screenshot.

Agnitum Outpost 4 .... dumped

And in contrary to all of you I never had any issue with it... running nice and smoothly, just giving feedback on unauthorized actions.

Greetings...

... Marc

mouser:
ah, nice find marc  :up:

now we see perhaps why agnitum is still so highly regarded by so many - it really does have a great feature set and a nice interface.  they just need to improve the quality control and pre-release testing.

2stepsback:
And for antivirus, I can recommend a 12-month free solution (it just costs an e-mail address or so) : http://home3.ca.com/microsoft/-MerleOne (November 20, 2006, 02:38 PM)
--- End quote ---
See this: http://home3.ca.com/Microsoft/Default.aspx?sc_lang=en-US
You can try their CA Internet Security Suite 2007 for free
(a) for 90 days if you have XP, and,
(b) for 1 year if you have Vista

You cannot download a trial version of CA AntiVirus for free
It costs USD 20 . But that's fine by me :)

This is what they have to say:
CA Anti-Virus 2007
Protect 1 to 3 PC's
• Detects 100% of Viruses** 
• Real-Time Protection 
• Automatic Email Scanning 

**Certified by Virus Bulletin.
--- End quote ---

The banner on top also says: "98% of the Fortune 500 trust CA. You can too"
If that's true, this should go into the Found Deals section, if it's not already there.

But it's not very clear to me whether or not they have LiveUpdate-like without which really the product has no meaning. That's a given, I guess.

Views, opinions, experiences?

2stepsback

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version