ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Simple PC Usage Timer

(1/11) > >>

fealeit:
Idea for a simple internet cafe user administation prog.

Starts from a full screen, always-on-top, non-resizeable, uncloseable (maybe with a password?) window (hides desktop & start menu) with a big button saying START. Maybe a configurable image displayed from a jpeg to show the company logo.

Clicking start resizes & moves the window to bottom right above the taskbar with Pause & Stop buttons (not always-on-top) and a timer counting up in minutes from when START is clicked.

Pause button re-maximises the window, pauses the timer and puts a CONTINUE button up.

Stop button re-maximises the window back to START again, and displays total session time.

Maybe with a view to integrating it with a SQL db on my network that will store computer names and session times.

fealeit:
No takers?

mouser:
actually this is surely useful for internet cafes and kids usage limiting, but there must be some tools to do this that exist somewhere.. anyone know any?

fealeit:
Believe me, I've looked, but none are this simple. They all require server administration and include stuff like counter sales and customer management.

chedabob:
I can't really code anything with a UI, but I reckon I could make something command line based. Ive only really started coding within the last 3 months, but I think I could manage it.

I'll have a go now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version