ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

For those that need a System Information Tool and haven't heard of SIW

<< < (2/3) > >>

Eóin:
Wow that program is incredible, thanks for posting.

rkr3:
Another absolutely wonderful tool which is a part of SIW is 'Eureka!', which lets you see the password behind the asterisks in Windows. While there are other similar tools out there, I've always found them flaky -- sometimes they work, and sometimes they don't. Eureka! on the other hand has always worked for me so far.

Another reason why SIW is my premier system info utility.

Curt:
..., Ken was in need of a System Information Tool that tells him about his installed memory a.s.o. He got "Everest" that does the trick, but is no longer freeware. -JoTo (November 10, 2006, 08:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

You can still have the old, free EVEREST - but no longer supported:
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

Your links to SIW doesn't work for me.

JoTo:
Hi Curt,

i've posted this link 4 months ago. And at this time the link worked fine. Its the primary Domain for SIW from the author. It seems, he has a bit trouble with it, as i can read on his fallback, secondary homepage, that i found after 10 sec. of googling.

I added the second link to my post, for convinience for all and leave the primary one, as i suggest that it will be up again sooner or later.

Sorry for the broken link, but i can't guarantee the validity of my posted links over a longer time period, as i have no influence on all pages in the internet (even if wish i would have  ;D ). But thanks for pointing out the broken link.

CU
JoTo

biox:
I just noticed that there is a newer version and promptly 'installed' and regretted it. :(

I used v. 1.65 and when closing it says 'It's shut down time...'.  :D The new version says 'Cancel...please wait'. >:(
I think we've got enough 'OKs' and 'Cancels' and 'Please waits' in Windows already. I found the 'It's shut down time' a refreshing difference and proof of the programmers attention to detail.

But then again, I also need a 10k exhaust system on my 12k bike just because it looks better. :-[   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version