ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: setting up a simple encrypted ftp offsite backup

(1/3) > >>

Jammo the OrganizedFellow:
original post here: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=2003.msg43177#msg43177
Perhaps a CodingSnack is in order?

example:
User navigates to file/files in Explorer, selects them, RightClicks and selects the OPTION (a symphonic melody is played upon selection for added emphasis) :).
The option would kick an AHK script (in the background) that launches 7-Zip, zips the files, then proceeds to FTP the file to a predetermined location on the server.

<<my brain tends to shoot into overdrive when I define an IDEA for a Coding Snack>>

MORE DETAILS!
After the user selects the OPTION (another symphonic melody is played upon selection for more added emphasis) in the RightClick context menu, they are prompted by msgbox for:

* Archive filename (which should be prefixed by timedate stamp to prevent file overwriting)
* Archive format dropdown menu: 7z, Tar, Zip
* An unguessable Password + Password confirmation + Password Hint
* A Yes/No checkbox asking, "Would you like a HelpFile to be created?"(HelpFile should be a text file that resides on their machine that lists the contents of the files in the archive, timedate stamp of the upload, and the hint of the password.)

User hits Submit, another msgbox appears confirming the above selections:

* filename
* format
* password
* a reminder that if they forget their password, nothing can be done to retrieve their files (or something to that effect).
:)

So, I have an overactive imagination. LOL

wr975:
Two suggestions:

a.)

-.) install and configure http://www.toffi-net.de/cFTP-support/eindex.php
1.) select files, right click, create an archive
2.) right click the archive and use context menu entries created by cspbftp csbftp (see the ....CFTP-support... link) to upload to a ftp server.

b.)

Easy: Use Syncback SE to synchronize a backup folder on your machine with a ftp server.

Advanced: You can configure an action BEFORE and AFTER synchronize. I'm using a simple AHK script. The before action starts it with "syncback.ahk backup" and the after action starts it with "synback.ahk delete".Synback transfers the created rar archive.

--- ---
if 1 =
msgbox, need parameters

if 1 = backup
run, C:\Progs\System\Winrar\rar.exe a -m5 -o+ -ep c:\private.rar C:\Arbeit\_appdata\passwords.kdb C:\Arbeit\_appdata\compass.htm,,hide

if 1 = delete
Filedelete, c:\private.rar

wr975:
btw, it would be easy to add any feature you want. Like password protection.

--- ---if 1 =
msgbox, need parameters

if 1 = backup
{
Inputbox,Password,Password needed,Please enter a password,HIDE
If Password =
{
MsgBox,Empty PW not supported
ExitApp
}
run, C:\Progs\System\Winrar\rar.exe a -m5 -o+ -ep -p%Password% c:\private.rar C:\Arbeit\_appdata\passwords.kdb C:\Arbeit\_appdata\compass.htm,,hide
}

if 1 = delete
Filedelete, c:\private.rar

jgpaiva:
Your solution looks interesting, wr975. (it misses the symphonic orchestra though. and i though it was the most important part of the coding snack .:P)

I couldn't inf any hit on google for cspbftp, though. What's that?

wr975:
Sorry, typo.  :o

I meant "csbftp" (contextmenu quickuploader: http://www.toffi-net.de/cFTP-support/eindex.php).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version