ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

orbit downloader 1.0-the fastest free download manager.

<< < (8/9) > >>

JoTo:
Just to keep up-to-date...seen today on OrbitDev-Blog:

Orbit V1.0.3 is released

We has released Orbit v1.0.3 yesterday.

changelog:
* Add a manual setting to enable/disable p2p connection.
* Fix a bug in Drop Zone.
* Fix a bug in Orbit update.

--- End quote ---

I just downloaded and installed the new version. The promised "disable p2p" setting is there. After switching it off and restart OrbitDownloader there is no more "orbitnet.exe" process and after exiting the main program no "orbit*" process is left over anymore.

So thanks to the Orbit-Devs to respect the wish and the OrbitDownloader. I am using OrbitDev now for a while and i am sure the Devs are serious and kind and OrbitDev is a great and free DownloadManager.

I only have still a little problem with OrbitDev ("How to download temporarily without it, when a download with it will fail"). In FreeDownloadManager i can click on "Cancel" and the Download will be handed over to normal IE-Download, what not happens in OrbitDownloader. But i am sure i can clarify this in near future with the Orbit-Devs.

CU all
JoTo

orbitdev:
wow, we are looking for something method to hand over URL to IE-download when user don't want to use orbit. It is a good idea. we'll do more research about it.

Wordzilla:
Read discussion here for more information:

BEWARE: IE7Pro and OrbitDownloader

twanj:
Thanks for posting this...

I find it pretty interesting, as Orbit supports Metalink and a good number of people are using it because of that. Of course I wouldn't want to endorse a spyware product. For me, Orbit seems to work really well.

I have noticed some spam emails with titles taken from filenames in my My Documents directory. Pretty specific filenames. Has anyone else noticed this? I don't want to imply this is from Orbit, could be from anything.

ferr_know:
i want to know more about orbit downloader. it's seem interesting. can it be used to download any torrent file????... :tellme:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version