ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Desktop Teleporter

<< < (9/11) > >>

mouser:
you need to add some screenshots to that web page!
and then make yourself a pad file and submit it (we still need someone to write a nice tutorial on that),
and then add a donation link so people can donate to you..

jdmarch:
Skrommel, thanks for all your great work.

I think you urgently need to post a warning (at least) on MoveOut's home page until several potentially dangerous issues are resolved.

1. MoveOut should NOT be enabled by default. Someone who downloads it should be able to see what the rules are before it starts automatically moving files off the desktop! That's a little too helpful IMHO.

2. But even more serious: it does not check that the destination folder exists, and if the folder does not exist, it renames the target file to the destination folder name. Not all users would figure out what had happened. They would see a new un-typed file named "Desktop" on their desktop and delete it, then later realize that they were missing a file from the desktop (and not be able to find it in the Recycle Bin).

Using AHK 1.0.44.14 (will update it now)

skrommel:
 :tellme: MoveOut is set to start disabled, you can change this in the setting, but I've decided to add an extra confirmation dialog when starting MoveOut in an enabled state. Try v.1.1.

Skrommel

vixay:
How about running the moveOut routine once in a while using the windows task scheduler...
Does it have any command line options to allow that? and quit cleanly after that, or send email/log if errors occur?

cracksloth:
How about commandline options to allow running moveOut using the windows task scheduler and quit cleanly after that, or send email/log if errors occur?
--- End quote ---

i think this is a brilliant idea!  i also prefer to keep running processes down to a minimum especially since i already have the overhead of windows scheduler running at all times which should do the job nicely.

also, i am experiencing a bug.  when i click "browse" to specify a source/target, i am only presented with a dialog box saying "press ok to continue".  i'm running the compiled script because i do not have ahk installed atm.  any ideas on this?  has anyone else experienced this problem?  i am running a spanky fresh copy of xp sp2 so it seems unlikely that i am experiencing a conflict with another program.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version