ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Desktop Teleporter

<< < (10/11) > >>

skrommel:
 :-[ Uh oh, I actually forgot to put in the code! There's nothing there but the messagebox!

:) Try MoveOut v1.2.

About the command line, I'll get back to it. I'm having trouble running MoveOut on Vista, seems there's some limitation in AutoHotkey. Looks like I'll have to recode the whole app...

Skrommel

cracksloth:
@ skrommel:

that fixed it.  works wonderfully btw - with a few tweaks, you could turn this into a nice "log monitor" replacement!

p.s.
did you happen to notice the last post on your barnacle thread?  it's my comment but i thought i would quickly mention it in case you don't monitor that thread anymore  :)

tic:
Lol! I hadn't even seen this program when I made mine, but mine can copy things from folder to folder with rules and is called MOVEit :D

http://www.autohotkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21150&highlight=

boogle:
BUGS
1)
But even more serious: it does not check that the destination folder exists, and if the folder does not exist, it renames the target file to the destination folder name. Not all users would figure out what had happened. They would see a new un-typed file named "Desktop" on their desktop and delete it, then later realize that they were missing a file from the desktop (and not be able to find it in the Recycle Bin).
-jdmarch (December 23, 2006, 02:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

Like this person said! This hasn't been corrected! This is very serious because it leads to data loss! No program should lead to data loss.

2) Adding multiple items to Files filtering. "*.jpg,*bmp" doesn't work!

3)When the user closes the window and opens it again, the columns are resized to show only the first letter of each column. The window itself isn't resizable!

I had very highs hopes for this program but it very poor error handling makes this program very dangerous!
Thank you for your time.

PhilB66:
Adam Pash @ lifehacker.com just released Belvedere - an "Automated File Manager".

You may want to post a comment about skrommel's MoveOut and tchikien's Desktop Teleporter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version