ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Unfinished Requests

IDEA: Duplicate files in a single click

(1/3) > >>

lanux128:
Hi,

sometimes inside the windows explorer, i need to make a quick backup of a particular file. this is how i go about it, i right-click on that file, choose 'copy' then right-click on an empty spot choose 'paste'. for me this is one-click too many. ;-)

so i was wondering is there a possibility of conjuring up an app/script which can do this in a single click. just right-click on a file & choose 'duplicate' and a carbon copy is created...
and also if the output file's name is configurable then it'll be a bonus...

thanks in advance
best regards,
lanux

mouser:
hi lanux,
you can do Ctrl+C followed by Ctrl+V to create a copy of any file, which will create "Copy of ..."

ps. DonationCoder.com is going to come out soon with a new context menu extension with tons of features, and one of the features will be very flexible rightclick on file/folder and create backup copies with various options.

lanux128:
hi lanux,
you can do Ctrl+C followed by Ctrl+V to create a copy of any file, which will create "Copy of ..."-mouser (July 24, 2005, 10:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

thanx 4 replying, i knew the keyboard combo but somewhat it gets in the way because i have take my eyes off the screen & i have trouble focusing on the key-board (i know, i'm getting old ;-))

but it's ok, since DonationCoder.com coming up with a new context menu tool then i'll just wait for it... btw for this tool, pls put in some options that enables us to show/hide which commands we want on the context-menu...

tks mouser
best regards,
lanux

imtrobin:
Use mouse gestures

http://www.tcbmi.com/strokeit/

nudone:
i right-click on that file, choose 'copy' then right-click on an empty spot choose 'paste'. for me this is one-click too many
--- End quote ---

lanux, you might find it a less painful process if you 'right click' on the file and drag it to an empty spot, let go and click 'Copy here' from the menu that pops up.

i know it's still more than the 1 click method you are after but it's a more 'flowing' kind of method than the stop-start click click click click way you are doing at the moment.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version