ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

FreewareMission.com: 94 Great Freeware Programs For A Freeware Only PC

<< < (5/5)

fenixproductions:
PSI does now have accounts which continue through time and across machines-Grorgy (June 16, 2009, 08:09 AM)
--- End quote ---
So what is it supposed to do except of just existing?

They are gathering your data, of course, but you can't get it anytime you want to? Where is your info stored if you can't see it after update? How can your stats be reliable if there is no "through time" support?

It is not "across machines" case. I wanted to see details from my applications on the very same PC. The same Windows installation for years. If it is "start once just for check" type of software then it definitely does not need to be put in background and keep running there. Or did it change during these 12 months?

Steven Avery:
Hi Folks,

Thanks Fenix and Grorgy.  Good points on Secunia PSI, note I only said "Also Secunia PSI might be an add to the category." lacking hands-on experience. Now it will move down the update list, and up the down staircase.

Shalom,
Steven Avery

johnnykarpat:
Thanks a lot to all of you for your suggestions. I made all the necessary corrections in the Best Freeware List page and hopefully the next list that I'll be publishing in December will be a lot better than this one. Thanks again for your help.

Cheers,

Johnny Karp

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version