ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

IE7 Rant

<< < (6/8) > >>

Josh:
The reason why IE opens so fast is because explorer.exe is always running in the background. It's also the reason why all IE based browsers open fast.
-app103 (November 06, 2006, 04:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not true, this myth has been disproven time and time again. Opera starts up JUST AS QUICK as IE and uses its own dll's which are preloaded. Explorer.exe, as stated above, is part of the Windows shell, and not IE.

urlwolf:
People, give opera a good try. My guess is that you'll like it.

Josh:
People, give opera a good try. My guess is that you'll like it.
-urlwolf (November 06, 2006, 05:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

Actually, I did. I was the biggest opera advocate for about a year. However, due to minor annoyances and the lack of Roboform support, I have had to switch. The wand is nice, but it provides no interface for editing passwords (To edit one, you must delete an existing wand entry and relogin to the site). Other annoyances have plagued me too, such as the fact that opera takes about 5-10 seconds to shutdown (which is annoying when installing an application which requires a browser be closed, or shutting down the system for restart).

Anyways, on that note, as of 2 weeks ago, I've moved to Maxthon (waiting for 2.0, which will be what 1.x should have been). Much nicer and I get back roboform.

johnk:
However, due to minor annoyances and the lack of Roboform support, I have had to switch.
-Josh (November 06, 2006, 06:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

I also gave up on Opera solely because of the lack of Roboform support, as have countless thousands of potential users, judging by the number of forum threads you come across pleading for Roboform support in Opera. On the one hand I can understand why the Opera people don't want to allow extension support. On the other hand, it severely limits their market. Last time I tried Wand, it came a very poor second to Roboform.

Carol Haynes:
However, due to minor annoyances and the lack of Roboform support, I have had to switch.
-Josh (November 06, 2006, 06:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

I also gave up on Opera solely becuase of the lack of Roboform support, as have countless thousands of potential users, judging by the number of forum threads you come across pleading for Roboform support in Opera. On the one hand I can understand why the Opera people don't want to allow extension support. On the other hand, it severely limits their market. Last time I tried Wand, it came a very poor second to Roboform.
-johnk (November 06, 2006, 07:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ditto - and is a major reason why Firefox has jumped to the front of the queue as an alternative to IE.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version