ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

DCC gets noticed again by Fred Langa

(1/1)

zridling:
Rajeev Rohatgi wrote to Fred Langa who mentioned DCC and mouser's Find and Run Robot in his latest (2005-06-27) newsletter:
Dear Fred, My laptop has tons of installed programs (in fact, if I didn't categorize them into submenus, my Start/Programs directory would run into several columns beyond the right edge of my monitor screen). This creates a problem when I have to access a particular program...figuring out where exactly it's categorized, then navigating to it on my touchpad through several submenus, et al...but now I've discovered this great piece of freeware — Find and Run Robot — which searches for any installed program on the fly, as one types in the program name, and then launches it with a single keypress. It even searches for data files!
--- End quote ---
Way to go Rajeev! It was noted again in Langa's 2005-07-25 Plus letter (see correction below).

mouser:
just to clarify - this was from newsletter of 6/27 and i believe was the only time dc(c) has been mentioned in langa's newlsetter.

but hey, always nice to relive the good days, and hopefully he'll notice our other apps eventually :)

zridling:
Sorry about that. That was the original mention. It's noted again in the 2005-07-27 issue at http://www.langalist.com/plus/newsletters/2005/2005-07-25plus.asp#7

mouser:
oh nice.  for those of us not subscribed to the plus letter, what does it say about us?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version