ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Super Efficient Extended Hotkey Mapper

<< < (5/5)

cranioscopical:
there is only one way to know and that is to try
--- End quote ---
Oh, sure, leave me to do all the work.  :)

I have mapped my R-Alt key to Windows-key (not using your utility).
That remapped key won't behave as Windows-key with TapTap.  That's a shame because "letters&numbers can only be used with W".

Before you ask the obvious, I'm using Northgate OmniKey keyboards with my computers.  I've had these keyboards for at least 10 years and haven't found anything to match them in terms of durability and, most importantly, tactile feedback.  I'm not about to trade them for something with a windows key.  A phrase about "cold dead hands" springs to mind.

mouser:
so does taptap see it as r-alt?
i mean i cant think of any reason i couldnt make taptap itself have an option that says to treat r-alt as winkey for its own private purposes.

cranioscopical:
I set TapTap to use:
keymap      RA+F2      :   F1
that should work, right? It's pointless but I thought I'd use your example line from the config, just as a test.

That does nothing other than give me an 'available' beep (odd?) and open the start menu (due to R-Alt's role as winkey).
However I set R-Alt, it responds on key-up, not key down.  I'll have to dig around and recall by what means I set up R-Alt to be winkey.
Let me do some more checking...

mouser:
it sounds like as you say, taptap is seeing the right alt as right-alt, instead of as winkey.

this means that it is refusing to work with it.

taptap is not meant to detect things like alt+F2 and map them to something else.. i could add support for such things but right now taptap wont every try to catch alt combos or control combos, or shift combos.

it's really just designed now to catch NON-STANDARD hotkey events.

i use non-standard to mean the kind of hotkeys that many programs can't be configured to catch, like double taps of control/shift/alt, keys like pause, print, etc., and also the win+key combos that some programs can't be configured to use.

SO,
don't expect to use taptap to catch and re-map standard ctrl+key or alt+key combos.

in your case you've got this strange situation where you want alts to be winkeys.. 

i could probably pretty easily add some options/flags to do this once we decide it's something you and maybe others could benefit from..

cranioscopical:
All I was really trying to do was find out if TapTap would see the (in fact, any) key that I remapped to winkey as winkey.  If not, I'm locked out of some TapTap potential as your config says "(letters&numbers can only be used with W)".  I don't want some esoteric conversion from one control key to another, that was just my trying to discover what would work on my own keyboard. 
I'm a long-time user of Macro Express, so I can do pretty much all I want with that.  Double-tapping is a nice addition.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version