ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

AdMuncher 20% discount code (advertisement blocker)

<< < (4/5) > >>

vegas:
I just recently tried ad muncher, even though i use maxthon which is quite capable itself.  I think between the two of them my surfing is even better.  I was curious what this special something for DonationCoder users might be?  As I am considering a purchase.

Jibz:
Sounds intriguing indeed :eusa_dance:.

mouser:
josh has been in contact with me - something nice for members will be in the works for our november thing if all goes well :)

Josh:
josh has been in contact with me - something nice for members will be in the works for our november thing if all goes well :)
-mouser (October 13, 2005, 10:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

We have something special in the works that will be specifically for donationcoders! We are currently working on preparing 4.7 for its final release, a long needed update, which has been under very active and continuous development for a long time. We are very pleased with the upcoming release and as such will be offering something to donation coder that I think the users will enjoy.

If you want to test one of the final beta's to be released for the 4.7 series, you can go to

http://www.admuncher.com/beta.pl?build=19331&key=41619043

This is the latest beta release which includes a lot of new improvements. Below is a post from Murray (the programmer) on the admuncher forums which should provide more insight into the beta

Hi everyone,

We're done working on new features for v4.7 and would now just like to track down any significant bugs before releasing it publicly.

Gzip support has unfortunately been held back for v4.8 due to the amount of time it was taking to rewrite the relevant supporting code.  We really need to get a public release out, and v4.7 as it is currently is a great improvement over the currently-public v4.6.

The current beta is v4.7 Build 19331 and is available from:

http://www.admuncher.com/beta.pl?build=19331&key=41619043

This build includes a brand new update system, which now supports:

- Previewing of updates before downloading.

- SOCKS 5 proxy support.

- Proxy authentication (basic and digest methods).

- Updates for all users, with registered users getting the latest releases a little sooner than trial users do.

- More informative download progress dialogs.

- The option to load development versions (betas) by simply enabling a checkbox on the update tab.

For those who have not seen a v4.7 beta yet, the current beta also includes:

- A brand new default filter list, immensely better than the ones distributed with v4.6 and now being updated on a daily basis by Jeff.

- Browser integration into Internet Explorer, Opera and Firefox (as well as Navigator, Mozilla and all browsers based on IE).  This integration allows you to quickly remove, exclude or report pages and adverts by simply right-clicking on them.

- Automatic cache clearing for Internet Explorer.  This only affects Internet Explorer because the other browsers, having more configurable caching mechanisms, shouldn't need forced cleaning.

- Two new filter categories that allow you to insert javascript or CSS into web pages.

- A new packaging system for the patching DLL, which should reduce memory usage significantly in all patched programs.

- Plus a load of bug fixes and other minor improvements.

A full list of changes is available from:

http://www.admuncher.com/betachangelog.txt

Testing tips:

- In Internet Explorer, if the browser extensions are working correctly, then whenever Ad Muncher is running the right-click menu should look something like this:

http://www.admuncher.com/be-menu.gif

Could you please check that the Ad Muncher menu extensions in Internet Explorer are nested in a sub-menu as they are in the above image?  If they aren't please let me know.

- If anyone uses a proxy in the network environment I would enormously appreciate a quick check to see if the proxy options on the update tab are working, especially the authentication.  Remember to click "Apply" after making any changes before testing.

- When further betas are released, please check that their download and installation proceeds as expected.

- If you get a chance please try both of the options on the "Contact" tab (the "Live chat.." and "Email..." tabs), as both of these now make use of components from the new update system as well.

- Feel free to try out the new IP Scramble test lists, the larger of which now has almost 800 entries.

- Feedback on interface changes is also appreciated, including the update system and browser extensions.  If there is anything that is confusing or not intuitive please let me know.

Thank you very much for your help.  All feedback on the new version (including simple "all-okay" emails) is enormously appreciated, and should be directed to [email protected]

Yours sincerely,

Murray Hurps
--- End quote ---

As I said, we have something in store for donationcoder and would like to thank the loyal users that already have experienced ad muncher! Take it easy!

Josh

burf:
My first post here... thought I'd add my accolades to admuncher.
I've been using it for years, and would not be without it.
I started with it, because I wanted an app that used little resources, on my old P-133.
Well, if other apps worked as efficiently as AM, I'd still be using the ol' 133 ;)

Works great... never had any problems... and the few times it's missed something, I just create a filter.

As this is my first time moseying through DC, just seeing that you guys have a relationship with AM, gives me the warm fuzzies about DC.

Thanks for yer hospitality...   burf

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version