ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Launchy users please stand up

<< < (2/3) > >>

tim254:
I use Launchy.  I have no problems with it ... it works with Excel and I use Winkey+C to launch it.  I also use it to open folders in My Documents directory.  I love it because its fast and is very simple to configure and use.

--
Tim

wasker:
Tim, are you running your Windows from under admin or limited-user? I just filed the bug report and am wondering if that matters.

tim254:
Admin user. 

--
Tim

Tekzel:
Good god, I think Find and Run Robot is my favorite program in the history of the world.  It is a required install on both my PC at home and workstation at work.  I thought I wanted a win+key combo to run it when I first started using it, but I VERY quickly got used to using the break key.  When I found a program that let you remap Win+key combos (qliner on sourceforge) I tried mapping FARR to a win+key combo but I used it once.  Went right back to break. 

FARR for president!

tim254:
I like Find and Run Robot, but it's missing Folder search support, Winkey support, and it's cache is too slow for my taste.  I love the features of it, but Launchy is drop dead simple and has the main features I want.  It's far from as sophisticated as FARR, but I like it.  I was using SlickRun, but I don't like the fact that  it doesn't have an index feature, you have to manually setup the shortcuts.  I was using that for about 6 months, but got tired of having to deal with the huge bug in the beta version that deletes your Magic Words.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version