ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > The Getting Organized Experiment of 2006

GETTING ORGANIZED EXPERIMENT - WEEK TWO+THREE ASSIGNMENT

<< < (12/12)

mouser:
NOTE: we have decided to focus on GTD for one more week, to coincide with the 2 part interview with david allen
(http://podcast.donationcoder.com).

On Sep 23 we will explore Mark Forster's methods.

hugosanchez:
Lilly, I am glad you like it and find it useful.

If you have any suggestions on how I can make it even more useful, I'd be glad to hear them.  :)
-app103 (September 17, 2006, 11:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hi, April
I just look your site and I have a question for you:
The tools there seems very practical and useful. Are you thinking in expanding it to linux platforms?
Thanks

Hugo

app103:
Hi, April
I just look your site and I have a question for you:
The tools there seems very practical and useful. Are you thinking in expanding it to linux platforms?
Thanks

Hugo
-hugosanchez (September 18, 2006, 12:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not exactly...at least not at this time...or not intentionally.

I think I should become a linux user first, before programming for linux...otherwise how would I know if it worked?

I don't think I am ready for linux yet...I still feel like I haven't settled into XP. It still has that 'new OS smell'.

tomos:
I'm struggling a bit with practicalities of indexing/filing/structure.
I want to post about that but have to try & get an overview of it all first!  :D

I have a query re todolist (Abstract Spoon one) in the ToDo mini-review
I would also be very curious how other people are using this programme:
so far I just have the following TaskLists:

Action/To do list
Ideas list
GOE list
Texts List

but I'm unsure would i be better having all in one list - so  I can prioritize stuff*. At the moment if something from the Texts Lists needs to be done soon I add it to the Action list.
This isn't very efficient - I know/believe you can make links between tasks - is that a recommended route ?

I'm using paper for my daily-will-do list but like the coherency of this programme & am looking at combining both.

*Interesting possibility would be if one could see a list showing all tasks over a certain priority from all lists.
I think you can use reminders as well but at the moment I'm happy/prefer listing stuff by Priority and working my way through things.
--- End quote ---

So my query at this stage is really how people are using the programme, especially in regards to GOE

mouser:
Nice blog talking about GTD stuff:
http://www.punkey.com/gtd/index.php

This weblog deals with everything GTD and the five phases of projectplanning as written by Dave Allen in his book "Getting Things Done" I will try to record and publish my thoughts and experiences with this system to really "Get Things Done" in my personal and professional life.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version