ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Web Log Filter

Web Log Filter

<< < (2/3) > >>

mouser:
maybe i should update it a bit..

TucknDar:
I just want to say, even though i don't think anyone else on the planet uses this, that after employing it to analyze data in a 10gb log file, that it is a great tool, and i'd like to thank myself for coding it.  :up:
-mouser (February 21, 2009, 04:58 AM)
--- End quote ---
You should donate something to the developer then ;)

cranioscopical:
I just want to say, even though i don't think anyone else on the planet uses this, that after employing it to analyze data in a 10gb log file, that it is a great tool, and i'd like to thank myself for coding it.  :up:
--- End quote ---
You should donate something to the developer then ;)
-TucknDar (February 21, 2009, 07:27 AM)
--- End quote ---
And give yourself one of those mugs for carrying the thread single-handedly since 2006.

Dragon:
--- End quote ---

I'd like to thank you too.  It's very useful to extract out say all the PHP pages visited by a particular IP address so you can follow what they did to cause an error message or bug you're trying to fix.  Here's the little script I used:

//---------------------------------------------------------------------------
@RULE:
@CONDITION: notequal
@FIELD: host
@VAL: 12.34.56.78
@ACTION: discard
@RULE:
@CONDITION: contains
@FIELD: url
@VAL: .php
@ACTION: discard
@OPTIONS: not
@RULE:
@CONDITION: always
@ACTION: write
@ACTIONVAL: filtered-log.txt

I have a feeling WebLogFilter doesn't get much notice only because there are so many other tools out there to do similar things, and WebLogFilter is Windows only.  I've noticed that it's almost always the first piece of software that comes along to perform a task that gets all the notice and word of mouth recommendations in the long run, even if something better comes along later.  But WebLogFilter is the only tool I've used that runs little scripts (which I find easier to deal with than moving the cursor around a long command line) that are easy to create with a wizard and can be saved.   http://www.weblogexpert.com/purchase.htm is a commercial tool that does something similar for $99 and up, although they also have a free "Lite" version that might be comparable.  I didn't try it as I found WebLogFilter first.  Even so, you obviously put a good amount of time into WebLogFilter and I find it useful, so thanks!

mouser:
Thank you for taking the time to post, Dragon!
Since I posted this in 2006, you may be the first person to actually use it for real (other than me).
8 years to get my first user :)
Glad that you find it useful.  :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version