ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: application sensitive pop-up notes

<< < (3/5) > >>

nudone:
sounds promising, jgpaiva - i'll remind you about it in a few months time if no one else has a go.

as quick notes plus really doesn't work too well with shortcuts keys i'd really like to see an autohotkey util that does. there are plenty of things that could be done to improve on quick notes - in my opinion, at least.

JavaJones:
Hrm, still haven't found the original "write on a web page and share your notes" system I was thinking of. Unless Purplebunny is it, but I don't think so.

Anyway Stickies sounds great. But will V6 be Vista only?? If so that sucks! A *ton* of people will not be upgrading to Vista for quite some time, including myself. Aside from that issue it sounds like V6 might be just what we're looking for, and freeware too. :)

- Oshyan

jgpaiva:
Ok.. So that you won't think i've forgotten about this thread, I've put up a pre-alfa version of this program. (yes, this version is THAT primitive).
Please take a look, just to collect some ideas on the exact behaviour of this program.

As for configuration, check the first lines.

--- ---TitleMatch = GVIM§opera§winamp§
NOTE1 = A note for GVIM
NOTE2 = A note for opera
NOTE3 = A note for winamp
The first line is a '§' separated list of parts of names. If those are found on the title of the current window, the corresponding note will be displayed.

(it's too simple and too hard to use, i'm just wondering if this is what you're looking for)

nudone:
well, it works (in the basic way it cay at the moment).

i'd not thought about the actual mechanics of what the program should do - like the 'ok' button to close the note.

i'll try to make a few useful suggestions to make the program 'user friendly' or of greater worth than using something like 'quick notes plus'.

1. easily create a new note that is attached to the current window - select command from a tray icon menu maybe.

2. delete a note.

3. editable text inside the note - not sure what autohotkey can do but maybe the notes could just be text files that open in notepad.

4. probably helpful if the text of the note was saved inside a text file regardless of how point 3. above worked.

5. hotkeys to create/delete/hide/store a note.

6. automatic saving of text in a note when it loses focus.

7. other things that would start taking the 'note' simplicity into the realms of more sophisticated programs.

thanks for doing what you've done so far, jgpaiva.

edit:
just checked again how 'qnp' works.

rather than selecting to add a note from a tray menu - create the new note first then from that note select from a menu which open window you want to attach it to (this can be several currently open windows).

(having said this - since mouser created 'tap tap' i don't have such a big problem with 'quick notes plus' as i can now use the winkey to create a new note - which reminds me to add hotkey function to the list above.).

rjbull:
The web browser "sites I've been to and had bad experiences with" example also makes me wonder what browsers, if any, allow you to generically rate or put down comments for sites in a not-necessarily recommending way.
-JavaJones (October 21, 2006, 02:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

You might try LinkStash ($19.95):

LinkStash Overview

LinkStash is an outstanding new bookmarks/favorites manager which works for Internet Explorer, Netscape, Mozilla, NetCaptor and Opera. Just 5 minutes with LinkStash and we are betting you will never want to use the IE favorites, Netscape and Opera bookmarks again!

LinkStash will open and close with your browser, and using LinkStash means you can store and organize all your favorite links in a familiar Explorer-style tree arrangement. With fields for comments, ratings, password, date last visited and so on, links can be easily edited, maintained and kept up to date. You can make your bookmarks visible and easy to find by using color highlights. A customizeable toolbar allows you to arrange all your favorite commands in a sensible, custom arrangement of your choice.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version