ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: application sensitive pop-up notes

<< < (2/5) > >>

Jammo the OrganizedFellow:
there are certain jobs/tasks i need to do with certain programs. i might not get around to doing these tasks straight away - or, they might just be little things that could be done when i actually run a program with the intention of working on something else.
so, i'd like to make a few notes about the tasks i will need/want to do with specific apps. the idea of the coding snack program would be to monitor which software application i've loaded in and then a note would pop up relating to the reminders i've set that can be done with that program.
-nudone (October 21, 2006, 11:54 AM)
--- End quote ---
i really like that idea.
seems truly promising.

to further illustrate the example (for whomever takes this task & make sure I get you!)

monday night, i am using PSPpad (text editor), i set a note, "reminder:change X to Y"
tuesday after work, turn PC on. launch PSPpad, and the note, along with the app, comes up, "reminder:change X to Y."

neat idea.

brett:
Hi All

You could wait till 'Stickies' v6 is released.

New features.
Stickies can be attached to a window - they appear on the desktop only when that application is active. That way, you can have a sticky which appears when you go to a web site, open a document, or browse to a folder on your computer.
--- End quote ---
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk/stickies/v6/v6.html

currently version 5.2 and the author is holding out till vista release. :(
Wish he would just bite the bullet, the planned new features look amazing

For those that dont use stickies, its simply brilliant. (freeware)

Also found via snapfiles
http://www.conceptworld.com/QNP/default.asp
Quick Note Plus
already has "Context-Sensitive Sticky Notes"
$24.95

I have used 'stickies' for years.
never used 'QNP' but always willing to learn.

dB
doublebogey

nudone:
thanks, doublebogey.

i'll have to try those.

nudone:
i like the way 'quick notes plus' works (using the trial version at the moment) but i don't think it's something i'd pay for as it's missing fundamental features - primarily, for me, unable to use the 'win' key as hotkey shortcut.

i don't know, i'll stick with it for a while and see how it goes. it does perfectly fulfill my original request so i shouldn't really grumble.

jgpaiva:
Man... I love this idea. Very good idea, nudone! (why is it that you usually come up with coding snacks ideas that i love? ;))
A big part of this is already implemented in DialogMove (specially the part that monitors window titles / classes changing). So, it'd make it easy. I am definitelly interested in doing this, but i'd rather have someone else doing it since for me it might take a while (LOADS of work right now :'().

Anyway, i'll keep a watch on this thread, to see if anyone comes up with a solution.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version