ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Regex Renamer

<< < (3/4) > >>

mouser:
Welcome to the site xiperware  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:
Program is looking great - it's wonderfull to hear that it's in active development  :up: :up: :up: :up:

Renegade:
Oooooo!!!

It's in C#!

Me likey that! :D

But then it uses CVS... :(  And that just seems too painful to be worth bothering with. :(

f0dder:
But then it uses CVS... :(  And that just seems too painful to be worth bothering with. :(
-Renegade (December 16, 2006, 10:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

http://www.tortoisecvs.org/ :)

Renegade:
http://www.tortoisecvs.org/ :)
-f0dder (December 16, 2006, 10:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

I already installed it, but... It requires a reboot (didn't bother with that yet), help has no examples, grating shattered glass sound effects when something fails (which really makes me want to abandon it entirely)...

i.e. I like the 'treat me like an idiot approach' of:

Step #1: Do this.
Step #2: Do that, and here's an example...

Yep. I admit it. I'm pretty lazy with some things and thouroughly subscribe to the "Don't make me think" line of thought. CVS looks pretty much 100% non-intuitive and I couldn't find any information on how to get it working properly in the docs. e.g. Port number? Beats me. Username? Where do I get that? There is no obvious information on it.

I'll probably try again the next time I reboot though. That might have been the problem (but probably isn't as most things with Windows Explorer manage things ok without a reboot).

The Regex Renamer looks like an interesting project, and it's in C#, so it's something I might be interested in, once/if I get over the PITA of CVS... At the moment CVS is just looking like an obstacle that I don't particularly care to jump over.

Or maybe I'm just being stubborn and grumpy again.

Does anyone know how to configure TortoiseCVS to connect properly? That would make me much less grumpy :)

mouser:
i have to comment on this.

CVS is evil.  I have used it a dozen times and EVERY time i find myself like Renegade, completely frustrated and without the slightest memory of how to configure it to connect to the server i want.

Occasionally i come accross a site that has its source on cvs which includes the step by step instructions for configuring the cvs connection settings - without that i'm lost.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version