ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

I can't figure some things out in this program

<< < (2/3) > >>

mouser:
open up the main CHS window, right click on Quick Paste group and say Edit this group

Look where it says:
(IsFavorite=true) OR (NOT (IsInRecyleBin) AND (ModificationDateTime>=DateTimeMinusOneHour))

This is what defines what clips qualify for quick paste.

So if you want clips to last longer, edit that line.  The Help box has more info if you scroll down.

You might try for example:
(IsFavorite=true) OR (NOT (IsInRecyleBin) AND (ModificationDateTime>=DateTimeMinusSevenDays))

superboyac:
open up the main CHS window, right click on Quick Paste group and say Edit this group

Look where it says:
(IsFavorite=true) OR (NOT (IsInRecyleBin) AND (ModificationDateTime>=DateTimeMinusOneHour))

This is what defines what clips qualify for quick paste.

So if you want clips to last longer, edit that line.  The Help box has more info if you scroll down.

You might try for example:
(IsFavorite=true) OR (NOT (IsInRecyleBin) AND (ModificationDateTime>=DateTimeMinusSevenDays))
-mouser (October 14, 2006, 12:32 PM)
--- End quote ---
Beautiful!  Thanks, that works great.  I set it to datetimeminusthirtydays.  Now everything is back!

tomos:
"(IsFavorite=true)" was missing from my Clip H&S
which left me very confused about function of favourites :D

all sorted now

Am i right in believing you can only read 1 to 9, & A to Z ?
So if you have older clips in there, they can't be seen.
Or I think the favourites go down the list (being older too)

So
I'm wondering is there a way to clear some of the Quickpaste items if it gets overfull AND if I dont want to delete them completely?
I thought i could move them to another "folder" but that doesent remove them either

mouser:
I'm going to add some options for letting user have submenus for their favorites and better display favorites separately from quickpaste so that you wont run out of places for favorites.  putting on my todo list now.
maybe the best way to do it is let user select how many from history will show and then the rest will be favorites.

superticker:
... add some options for letting user have submenus for their favorites and better display favorites separately from quickpaste so that you won't run out of places ...-mouser (October 18, 2006, 05:55 PM)
--- End quote ---
I wouldn't make it too fancy.  Honestly, people don't want to see more than 26 items in their Quick Paste menu.  What they need to do is define the Quick Paste SQL search so less than 26 are in there in the first place.

Honestly, I didn't even realize you could do this until I read this thread.  Now that I know how to limit (control) the items in Quick Paste, I can probably adjust the SQL search criteria for just the items I really need.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version