ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

I can't figure some things out in this program

(1/3) > >>

superboyac:
So, I've been using CHS for several months now, but to be honest, I'm having some trouble figuring certain things out.

--I pretty much only use CHS for the quickpaste feature, I don't use clipboard managers for anything else, really.  That being said, I like the items to remain in the quickpaste drop-down menu for a pretty long time.  But they keep disappearing.  I've unchecked all three of the "move to old after _ (hours,days)" automatic filing options.  However, the clips keep getting moved out of the quickpaste group.  If I could get them to last in there between system boots at the least, I'd be happy.

--Is there a way to disable the "default" items in the quickpaste (linebreak76,sentencecase, etc)?

Anyway, that's pretty much it.  If I could just get a handle around the quickpaste, it would be great.

Also, I don't know if it's just my computer, but the CHS icon rarely (less than 10% of the time) shows up in the system tray of my computer.  There is space there for the program, but the icon is almost always blank (see the attached pic).  This doesn't happen on my work computer.

Thanks

jgpaiva:
I also support that the items should not disappear from the menu (although i can understand why they do and it doesn't affect me that much).

About the icon, though, that has never happened to me.

mouser:
if you check the "favorite" checkbox for a clip it should always appear in quick paste.

the sentence case type stuff are from the Text Formatting Presets (which you can add to by the way).
if you dont want them shown in Quick Paste menu, go to Quick Paste tab in options and in far right select "Dont Show" or "Show as submenu".

as far as missing icon, i've heard of this before but i guess i have to investigate a bit more.

tinjaw:
I pretty much only use CHS for the quickpaste feature, I don't use clipboard managers for anything else, really.
-superboyac (October 14, 2006, 11:32 AM)
--- End quote ---
For those of you reading this thread that may be looking for more functionality, I highly recommend ClipMate.

superboyac:
if you check the "favorite" checkbox for a clip it should always appear in quick paste.

the sentence case type stuff are from the Text Formatting Presets (which you can add to by the way).
if you dont want them shown in Quick Paste menu, go to Quick Paste tab in options and in far right select "Dont Show" or "Show as submenu".

as far as missing icon, i've heard of this before but i guess i have to investigate a bit more.
-mouser (October 14, 2006, 11:40 AM)
--- End quote ---
Is there a way for the items to remain in the quickpaste without having to check them as favorites?  Like, can it use something like the options for automatic filing where every certain number of days, the items would get cleared out of the quickpaste?

Thanks for the text formatting options, I can't believe I didn't see that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version