ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

12 Windows Explorer Alternatives Compared

<< < (9/17) > >>

wasker:
Now to compare FAR with TC is not fair at all, FAR is a DOS looking app, really ugly for me, powerful I would say, but not as powerful and versatile as TC.
-gussan (October 25, 2006, 10:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

Oh, we can debate on FAR vs. TC for years, and this would be THE religious war... :D

gussan:
Now to compare FAR with TC is not fair at all, FAR is a DOS looking app, really ugly for me, powerful I would say, but not as powerful and versatile as TC.
-gussan (October 25, 2006, 10:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

Oh, we can debate on FAR vs. TC for years, and this would be THE religious war... :D
-wasker (October 25, 2006, 11:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

If FAR is for you so powerful, why did you abandon it and replaced it for X2? Was it the GUI? I do not think that X2 is as powerful as FAR.

I said FAR is powerful, but its DOS looking is what I do not like.

wasker:
FAR is a raw power with very old-fashioned UI, but I could live with that. My primary reason was tight integration of X2 with Windows Shell, and then, yes, UI.

Speaking of UIs, I never liked TC's. ;)

gussan:
FAR is a raw power with very old-fashioned UI, but I could live with that. My primary reason was tight integration of X2 with Windows Shell, and then, yes, UI.

Speaking of UIs, I never liked TC's. ;)
-wasker (October 25, 2006, 11:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

No problem wasker, matter of taste, I love TC.  :Thmbsup:

Best Regards.

gussan:
wasker wrote: "Oh, we can debate on FAR vs. TC for years, and this would be THE religious war.."

I do not think so, FAR development is no as active as TC development at all, so TC is getting better and better while FAR is almost dying, since Eugene Roshal is not in active development of FAR. FAR is in v1.70, while TC v7 is comming soon.  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version