ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

12 Windows Explorer Alternatives Compared

<< < (2/17) > >>

dk70:
Is it? No comparison or reviewing - fair to programs? He is not even a regular Windows user! Away with stars/rating and no one would notice  8) Good he see the light in Free Commander though.

zridling:
Hey, it's up to 15 apps now, with XYplorer and Servant Salamander included! This is more of a "first impressions" article than a review. Still, I welcome any comparative discussion of software.

lanux128:
yes, having included Servant Salamander, the author does have some nice words to say about it. it may be my personal preference but as a former NC user, i am more at home with the Salamander's interface. while other file managers are more likely to ring a bell with those who started out with Windows Explorer.

btw, Salamander's developers do intend to support unicode, eventually. 8) more info here..

jgpaiva:
Definitelly, not including XY was a miss on this review. I'm glad to see it got a great rating (as much as dopus? wow!).
What i don't understand is why there isn't any file manager that gets the 5 stars, i'd like to know what he misses.

mouser:
XYPlorer has been added to the review.

Thoughts:
Wow. It only took a couple of minutes of looking around to see some features that I’d never seen before (drop text to file, ctrl+backspace breadcrumb) - and some that I’ve seen before but never this detailed (see the “Rename Special” screenshot below). If you click and hold the left mouse button on an image (in the Preview area) it enlarges until you release the mouse button. Very cool. XYplorer appears to have a slighly larger memory-footprint than Directory Opus (the only other Explorer-style file manager that I gave 4 stars), but it is less expensive.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version