ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Unfinished Requests

IDEA: Get current directory

<< < (4/4)

MilesAhead:
that's a nice one there.. check out this post for a similar but mouse-initiated script. :)
-lanux128 (March 13, 2009, 08:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's cool.  I'm thinking esp. since XP doesn't have the built-in Command Prompt thingie like Vista maybe I'll add another hotkey to open one in that folder.  I'll give it a go.

Edit: I updated to 1.1  With this version, additional hotkey Control-NumberPadMinus opens a command prompt.  If the active window is an application window the "home folder" of that app is the current directory.  If it's an explorer folder, that folder should be the current directory for the command prompt.  Seems good on Vista.  I haven't tried it on XP yet though.

ewemoa:
Nice thread!

I looked for GetCurDir (or something similar) on Skrommel's 1 HOUR SOFTWARE and didn't succeed at locating anything.

If indeed there isn't anything comparable there, may be it's worth placing GetCurDir on the page :)

MilesAhead:
The thread made me curious and when I saw the function in AutoIt3 to get the path from the active window I wanted to see if it worked.  I'm starting to like doing these small gizmos.  I sweat blood doing this dumb application launcher thing that I've had on SoftPedia for a couple of years.  I got as many downloads in about 2 months with a program that just opens and closes the optical drive tray!!  Guess there is something to the idea of keeping it simple. :)

Edit: oh yeah, I wanted to mention I updated to version 1.2.  It now calls a function to reduce the memory footprint if running on Win2k or newer. Task manager was showing it around 6 MB on Vista64.  Now shows it < 4 MB.

Home Folder 1.2

MilesAhead:
I added a wrinkle to Home Folder 1.3.  If you have FavesSA 4.6 or later running with Monitor enabled and press Alt-NumberPadMinus while an application window is active, the complete program path is sent to FavesSA.  If it's not already in the current list, it's added.

I don't know how Windows decides to stick programs in its start menu mru list but it seems like there's no rhyme or reason I can figure out.  This gives manual control to add to the FavesSA list.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version