ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: screen saver that runs 24/7 regardless of user privileges?

(1/2) > >>

Jammo the OrganizedFellow:
Hello all.

I work for a wholesale giant here in TX.
I've recently moved to another department, Major Sales (TVs, computers, electronics, etc).
Not really a promotion, just something more along my likes and interests vs. cashiering :)

So, on my first day, my Supervisor asks me to config all the windows machines to run a screen saver 24/7, activation should be after 1 minute of idle time. Using the admin account, I can set the Power Options Properties to NEVER turn off the monitor, but we can't leave the machines ON administrator, so we set up a guest account.
Problem is, guests cant make changes to NEVER turn off the monitor. Default = 20 minutes.
Some of them are XP Pro, some Home, on both desktops and notebooks.

So I hope I am posting this in the right forum.
We don't need a Windows hack.
I'd like to use a small application that would allow the screen savor to run 24/7 regardless of administrative or guest account access.

Deozaan:
I've never learned how to do this myself, but working for a few very large corporations they've seemed to have the admin accounts set the defaults for users/guests, which then other users/guests couldn't change.

JavaJones:
I believe if you find the reg identifier for the user you can use the power management keys in the Desktop folder. Something like
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\Control Panel\Desktop and there you will find the power time-out settings, etc. Where "S-1-5-18" is the registry identifier for the user you're configuring. Give it a shot...

- Oshyan

jgpaiva:
I could make a script that would run 24/7 and launch the screensaver after some inactive time from the user. In your current config, would it be possible for the user to terminate it's process?

f0dder:
I think what you want to look at is the windows policy group stuff... try start->run gpedit.msc and look around, you might just get lucky :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version