ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Comments on ScreenshotCaptor - Beta Version - 2.12.01 to 2.24.01

<< < (7/9) > >>

mouser:
i do see your point, at least for advanced users who know how to do everything..
i will try to add a non-automatic save feature to the main sc window next time.

mouser:
new minor update to 2.20.02 with minor tweaks.

Cavalcader:
Got a bug report: Captor seems to capture all "multimedia keyboard" buttons as if they're PrtScn keystrokes.

Also, have you considered a way to do a drop-shadow inside an image? For example, I wanted to highlight an area to look like this:

But,

As you can see, the highlighting rectangle/circle affects the contrast of the image. Sometimes that's a good effect, but if the contrast of the highlight could be adjustable (and maybe the size of the drop-shadow) that seems like it'd do the trick.

Here's a feature suggestion that would make a huge difference in cranking out fancy results: it'd be awesome to have a way to chain effects. I dunno if a whole scripting language would be necessary -- maybe just a panel where you'd have the effect list on the left and buttons to copy left to right for an "event" list (alongside buttons to move the events up or down in the sequence). Is that too elaborate?

Here's an example. Say I capture a rectangular area of the desktop:

Then add a drop-shadow:

Use the option to blur/grey/dim the outside of a rectangular selection on the capture:

And finally, drop-shadow again:

If this were a stand-alone effect, you could call the effect ''plaque'' since it kinda looks like one of those formal plaques you sometimes see as achievement awards or dedications. Here's another example using the object from the first item:

mouser:
i like the plaque idea; adding it to todo list.

mouser:
i'll look into the multimedia key problem, that is indeed a bug that seems painfull.
i may have to do a few tests with your help to figure out exactly what is going wrong.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version