ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE - IDEA: timed alt+tab through active windows

<< < (3/3)

kfitting:
If anyone wants/cares I could translate skrommel's script into an AutoIt exe for easier packaging.  skrommel let me know if you don't want this and I wont do it!  The only reason is so people don't have to install anything. 

Kevin

mouser:
yes i think it would be good to make an exe and host both scritp+exe on the snacks page.

kfitting:
Ok mouser, here is the result.  One caveat: if skrommel does not want this posted, it should be taken down.  I have included both the script and the exe for your perusal.  Steps:

0. Change the extension on the "txt" file from txt to "exe" (until mouser can put this somewhere else... this is the executable)
1. run the exe
2. when you want to start switching, press escape
3. choose how many seconds between programs, hit enter
4. hit escape when you are done looking.  The exe WILL stay in the tray, convienietly taking over your escape key for the duration!

If you want to change the hotkey editing the autoit script and a recompile are required.  If demand is enough, I can make the hotkey customizable.  Once again, with the addition of running in the background, this is a copy from skrommel's script.  All thanks should go to him!

kevin

below is the script:

--- ---;AltTab
;Timed switching between active windows
;Translated from an AutoHotKey script made by: Skrommel 2005

Global $Loop
Global $Pause

HotKeySet("{esc}", "HotkeyPressed")

$Loop = 0

While 1
Sleep(10000)
WEnd

HotKeySet("{esc}")
$Loop = 0

Func HotkeyPressed()
If $Loop = 0 Then
$Pause = InputBox("Insert Pause...", "Insert the number of seconds to pause between switching apps... Press Escape to quit!", "5")

$Loop = 1

If $Pause < 1 Then $Pause = 1

Do
Send("!{esc}")
Sleep($Pause & "000")
Until $Loop = 0
ElseIf $Loop = 1 Then
$Loop = 0
EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>HotkeyPressed

skrommel:
:) Feel free to do as you please.

If you want compiled scripts, AutoHotKey can do that, too. There's a few functions in AutoHotKey that's not in AutoIt.

Skrommel

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version