ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Outlook 2003 - PST file corruption. Is it X1 ?

<< < (3/8) > >>

Carol Haynes:
PS: I have posted a potential bug report to X1 and also added a poll to their support forum to see if anyone else is experiencing these problems.

Darwin:
My main pst file is being repaired as I write this :o I'm really not happy as I have become quite dependant on YDS/X1. Carol, did you have the same problem with YDS? I wonder if turning off X1's real time scanning of Outlook would remedy this?

Carol Haynes:
I haven't used YDS for a long time so I don't remember.

The big issue for me is why is X1 modifying files? Surely it should only have them open in read-only mode? It may be that Outlook wants full control of its PST files and other utilities scanning causes problems.

Personally I am giving up on Desktop Search tools - everything I have tried has some issues or annoying quirks.

Carol Haynes:
Can I suggest if you are experiencing problems you go and add your 2p worth on the X1 forum.

Here is the thread I started over there:

http://forums.x1.com/viewtopic.php?p=7726

JavaJones:
Hmm, well I never had X1 on my Outlook system, but after an hour or so of scanning my 2.1GB .pst and 100,000 messages it says I have errors. So now begins the repair process. I just wish it would tell you what gets lost. :P

- Oshyan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version