ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Outlook 2003 - PST file corruption. Is it X1 ?

<< < (6/8) > >>

Carol Haynes:
Thanks Dirhael and welcome to the forum.

Dirhael:
Thanks Dirhael and welcome to the forum.
-Carol Haynes (October 10, 2006, 04:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the welcome :)

Darwin:
Just to bump/add to this discussion. Over the last week or so, I've been having repeated warnings from Outlook about another programme that was accessing my pst closing unexpectedly and my pst being unavailable. I've disabled X1 and for the last two hours all has been well. My pst is at 218 MB, so I'm also going to try dirhael's advice and create a new pst  I cannot afford to lose any data!

At any rate, with real regret, I am leaning toward walking away from X1/YDS.

Clive:
Hi Everyone,
I'm not in the same league as some of you guys - just a general everyday end user, but I use and prefer LookOut for my indexing and searching of Outlook and other files. It doesn't have continuous indexing, but I found that it would find things that X1 wouldn't. Anyway, just my 10 cents worth.

Darwin:
Hi Clive,

Lookout is what I've reverted to from X1 (used Lookout a lot two years ago). Two things to note about the situation I described about X1 and pst files: I haven't had a problem since I uninstalled X1 (actually, I haven't had a problem since I completely disabled X1, though I've since uninstalled it) and X1 is about to release a significant update that is supposed to fix, among other things, problems with Outlook (though neither of the issues reported in this thread are mentioned specifically). Note, the Upgrade Considerations:
- Beginning with the Enterprise Client Version 5.6, all network functionality will be restricted in the client by default.
- Customers who upgrade to 5.6 will lose access to network drives, un-cached Exchange email and Public Folders.
- If you would like to upgrade to 5.6 but need access to these features, please contact your administrator to have these features enabled using Microsoft Group Policy.
- Users upgrading to the Enterprise Client Version 5.6 will be forced to re-index
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version