ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

DonationCoder forum search plugin

<< < (3/3)

tinjaw:
i'm not using Firefox right now but i think it's Ctrl+K to focus on the search box & Ctrl+Up or Ctrl+Down to move up and down the search engines.. :)
-lanux128 (July 08, 2007, 06:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

I can confirm that this is the correct way to do it in Firefox 2.x.

Wordzilla:
Aha! Another extremely handy tool for DC forum search is FARR!

an alias to search donationcoder.com forums from farr

* wordzilla was not aware of this feature and feels rather stupid

app103:
Mouser: the code for the AOL Explorer search plugin isn't working properly.

I checked the source for the page and the javascript needed in the head is missing and the code for the link is calling the function for installing the Firefox one.

It's all wrong & messed up.

I have attached the correct code to make the AOL one work, to this post.

Can you please fix it?

Nice work, April.  :up:

I installed the Firefox version and was trying to see if I could also lure your AOL version to install on my Maxthon 1.6, but to my surprise the answer was a Windows Internet Explorer popup saying "Netscape 6 or Mozilla is needed to install a sherlock plugin" ??
-Curt (June 30, 2007, 06:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

Something about that error message bugged me but I didn't really give it that much thought till later on. The error message reported is the one for the Firefox plugin. If the AOL Explorer code was done correctly, the error should have said "You must have AOL Explorer 1.5 or later installed to use this feature."

So I checked it with my browser, which should have been able to install the plugin, and it couldn't. So I checked the source and saw where it was messed up.

Thanks Curt!  :Thmbsup:

And anybody that would like to know how to make search plugins for AOL Explorer or modify existing Sherlock plugins to work, are welcome to download the attachment & see.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version