ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

DonationCoder forum search plugin

<< < (2/3) > >>

app103:
Unfortunately, the code used to install the AOL version only works with AOL Explorer 1.5 and higher. I kind of lifted the installing code off of AOL's website.

They don't have many official search plugins available for AOL Explorer and absolutely no 3rd party ones and I wanted to change that, so I started snooping around and found out how they worked.

It turns out they are slightly modified versions of Firefox plugins that more or less follow the Sherlock standard, so I didn't have to change much to make it work with AOL Explorer. The biggest difference is the code used to install them.

Unfortunately, it was never intended for Maxthon or any other Internet Explorer based browser and I don't know anything about making Maxthon search plugins...yet.

If you can wait a bit, I will start snooping around for some Maxthon info some time next week and see if I can make one that will work.

dontbugmepls:
using googles sitesearch, add the following to maxthon quicksearch:

--- ---http://www.google.com/search?q=%us+site%3Awww.donationcoder.com%2FForums
( http://help.maxthon.com/index.php/Feature_Quick_Search_-_Maxthon_1.x )

--
bugmenot user

Wordzilla:
The problem with googles site search is that not even most forum posts end up in google's index so there will be missing results.

taichimaster:
Thanks app.  Works great :)

What's the shortcut to quickly jump to the search box and select a search engine in FireFox?

lanux128:
What's the shortcut to quickly jump to the search box and select a search engine in FireFox?-taichimaster (July 07, 2007, 01:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

i'm not using Firefox right now but i think it's Ctrl+K to focus on the search box & Ctrl+Up or Ctrl+Down to move up and down the search engines.. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version