ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What's Your Favorite Gadget? Here's mine with a Discount - A Seltzer Maker

<< < (5/8) > >>

mouser:
I think i better step in and clear this up before someone falls for this scam.
Please people, do not buy this thing.

While it does work, it consumes a lot of battery power and it's expensive.

You can rewind your dvds at home for free using a simple trick:  get yourself a ziplock bag or a plastic airtight container (must be air tight).  Fill it with cold water (between 50 and 60 degrees farenheight).  Place dvd (only one per container) inside and let sit for 1 hour in the refridgerator.  Due to the principle of thermodynamics, the cold temperature will cause the dvd data to contract and rewind itself, using no electricity at all (except of course the minor amount used by the refridgerator).  While it's true this process takes a bit longer, it's a lot cheaper than buying a dvd rewinder!

Mizraim:
Do the Ziplocks come in red?  ;) And can I use the gloves mentioned my nudone, are they waterproof?

Deozaan:
I think i better step in and clear this up before someone falls for this scam.
Please people, do not buy this thing.

While it does work, it consumes a lot of battery power and it's expensive.

You can rewind your dvds at home for free using a simple trick:  get yourself a ziplock bag or a plastic airtight container (must be air tight).  Fill it with cold water (between 50 and 60 degrees farenheight).  Place dvd (only one per container) inside and let sit for 1 hour in the refridgerator.  Due to the principle of thermodynamics, the cold temperature will cause the dvd data to contract and rewind itself, using no electricity at all (except of course the minor amount used by the refridgerator).  While it's true this process takes a bit longer, it's a lot cheaper than buying a dvd rewinder!
-mouser (October 04, 2006, 03:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

;D ;D ;D ;D :Thmbsup: :P :D

nudone:
mouser, that truly is an ingenious idea. i'll let you know how i get on after i've tried it on my box of unrewound disks (hehe, i've just invented a word).

when i started to read your tip about using a bag i thought you were going to describe the method of putting a load of unrewound disks in an old plastic carrier bag - you then swing the bag around your head - the faster the revolutions the quicker you'll wind back the dvds.

i've tried, and yes, it does work. i suppose it's good exercise too.

warning: the problem with the swinging bag method is that you don't know when to stop - this has the damaging effect of winding the dvds too far back. when they are played back there will be a period of empty screen until they reach the correct original starting point. i understand that if done too many times the dvd can become stuck in the too far wound back state, so be careful.

Mizraim:
But with that in mind, maybe you can ruin the warnings that always seem to popup after the english in french... I mean why french? I'll bet if you can get enough practice you can actually rewind it to the point just after the FBI warnings and being at the actual feature... I am going to try this!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version