ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Buying New PC. Suggestions?

<< < (14/14)

f0dder:
Okay, I take back my kinds words for Dell.

The boxes I've had so far from them didn't really have any extra fluff on them, and worked great. The most recent box I got for the museum though, while working great, had an insane amount of trial crap installed; corel paint shop pro, roxio software, mcafee antivirus suite and whatnot. And darn it was quirky getting rid of mcafee!

I think I'll go as far as installing a clean XP Pro on it, just hope the included license key will work for a non-dell CD...

(and yes, this was a business line box, not a home-user one).

dk70:
De-crap it http://www.yorkspace.com/pc-de-crapifier/

f0dder:
Interesting, thanks for the link dk70! - bookmarked.

I still think I'd prefer doing a *clean* install, to make absolutely sure every bloody last trace of all that crapware is gone :)

JavaJones:
Woah, nice find dk!!! You get creds for that one. :D

F0dder, I'm glad you finally see the light. ;) Although sad to see it confirmed once again that this is how Dell is addressing its bottom line. :( I wonder how much they really make from these bundles...

- Oshyan

f0dder:
F0dder, I'm glad you finally see the light. ;) Although sad to see it confirmed once again that this is how Dell is addressing its bottom line. :( I wonder how much they really make from these bundles...
-JavaJones (October 18, 2006, 09:09 PM)
--- End quote ---
Weird though - I've bought five or so other computers through them, and all those were pretty clean :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version