ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Screen Dimmer

<< < (2/3) > >>

wr975:
So anyway, I'd like an app that has a user-customizable amount to dim the screen. I'd use it for night time computer use to get rid of the brightness headaches. Could also be useful to dim the whiteness on monitors that flicker.
-Deozaan (September 25, 2006, 03:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm not sure, but perhaps this one will work?

http://www.quickgamma.de/indexen.html

Deozaan:
So anyway, I'd like an app that has a user-customizable amount to dim the screen. I'd use it for night time computer use to get rid of the brightness headaches. Could also be useful to dim the whiteness on monitors that flicker.
-Deozaan (September 25, 2006, 03:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm not sure, but perhaps this one will work?

http://www.quickgamma.de/indexen.html
-wr975 (September 25, 2006, 05:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

It might, but I'm at work and don't want to install it on these computers, but the flickering on these monitors is very annoying. I'd prefer a Skrommel 205Kb stand-alone screen dimmer. DonationCredits are waiting to be donated to the author of software that meets my satisfaction.  :Thmbsup:

EDIT: Changed some words for clarity

kimmchii:
for the flickering, have you tried increase the refresh rate? right click on desktop>properties>setting>advanced>monitor
pick the highest refresh rate the monitor supports.

and for Skrommel's ghoster, try change the jump value to 0:

jump=0

this will make the entire screen dim (as oppose to the default, just the background)

and you can also choose the level of dimness by changing the transparency value, 255 = complete dark.
;transparency=0-255         Makes the ghosting more or less translucent.
;jump=1 or 0                Makes the active window show through the ghosting.
--- End quote ---

lanux128:
in fact, Jedi Concentrate has already spawned a mod.

Deozaan:
for the flickering, have you tried increase the refresh rate? right click on desktop>properties>setting>advanced>monitor
pick the highest refresh rate the monitor supports.

and for Skrommel's ghoster, try change the jump value to 0:
jump=0
this will make the entire screen dim (as oppose to the default, just the background)
and you can also choose the level of dimness by changing the transparency value, 255 = complete dark.
;transparency=0-255         Makes the ghosting more or less translucent.
;jump=1 or 0                Makes the active window show through the ghosting.
--- End quote ---
-kimmchii (September 25, 2006, 06:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

Cool. Thanks kimmchi! Only only problem now is that it doesn't work on my second montior. I've changed the Multimon value to 1 and 0 with no change to my second monitor. And sadly it doesn't seem to remember my settings when I close it.

It also seems to make no difference what I set the transparency to. In fact a few of them don't seem to change anything when I make changes.

And yes, I've changed the refresh rate to the highest possible on my monitors at work. They are CRT and aren't too bad, but it still bugs my eyes every now and then. Pretty much every other CRT in the place is set at the default of 60hz and it bugs me so much.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version