ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Screen Dimmer

<< < (3/3)

kimmchii:
You're welcome Deozaan.
too bad i only have one monitor, so i cant try the multimon setting, but i can confirm the transparency setting works for me, see pic.

anyone that has multi monitor, can you please confirm whether the multimon setting works or not.

wr975:
Pretty much every other CRT in the place is set at the default of 60hz and it bugs me so much.
--- End quote ---

Do your colleagues a favor and change it to 75hz or 85hz. I'm sure they'll appreciate.

FWIW, I'd refuse working with a CRT anymore. My workplace provided me with a cheapy 19" CRT and had no interest getting me a TFT. So I brought my own. If you've beginning troubles with your eyes, it'd be best to do something now before it'll get worse. Also use a RSI-preventing tool (like Workrave) to remind you doing pauses.

Deozaan:
Pretty much every other CRT in the place is set at the default of 60hz and it bugs me so much.
--- End quote ---

Do your colleagues a favor and change it to 75hz or 85hz. I'm sure they'll appreciate.

FWIW, I'd refuse working with a CRT anymore. My workplace provided me with a cheapy 19" CRT and had no interest getting me a TFT. So I brought my own. If you've beginning troubles with your eyes, it'd be best to do something now before it'll get worse. Also use a RSI-preventing tool (like Workrave) to remind you doing pauses.
-wr975 (September 26, 2006, 06:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've told a few about how to change their refresh rate, yet one of my nearby co-workers is still flickering just as bad on 85hz as it does on 65hz. Problem with pauses is that I work at a technical support center, so sometimes I get phone calls that last two hours. It's usually at least once a day I get calls that last longer than one hour. And when the call queue is high, we're not really encouraged to take a 5-10 minute anti-rsi break.

It doesn't make much sense to me, because they vaguely went over the whole ergonimic thing (which I've never been taught in much detail) and said something about taking a five minute break every hour or something along those lines, but I don't see how that's possible given the line of work and the pressure (as slight as it may be) to take calls.

Good news is that my employer is awesome enough that they just might give me LCDs if I complain enough.

You're welcome Deozaan.
too bad i only have one monitor, so i cant try the multimon setting, but i can confirm the transparency setting works for me, see pic.

anyone that has multi monitor, can you please confirm whether the multimon setting works or not.
-kimmchii (September 26, 2006, 04:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hmm. I just resorted to turning the brightness and contrast all the way down on my LCD (at home) at night. Works well enough for now, but I'd like to be able to just toggle it with a hot-key.

Where is Skrommel, anyway? I don't remember seeing him around much lately.

Mizraim:
I have another thing to say about the Ghoster thing. I noticed while watching a video, it was flashing as if it was going in and out of the active window... Just wanted to know if anyone else noticed this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version